Both adults and children are welcome.
I teach colored pencil basics, along with shading and texture techniques to students of all ages and levels. Art subjects include flowers, seashells, or a project of your choice.
If you have never worked with colored pencils and want to explore an exciting new medium, come for a three-hour session and learn which pencils and drawing papers to use.
- Practice diverse techniques while finding the ones that feel right for you.
- Gain familiarity with the many different pencils, blending tools, special effects, and problem-solving techniques for your designs.
Favorite art supply stores for my art classes
Below are my recommendations for purchasing art supplies:
- Artist & Craftsman Supply (Cambridge, MA and 17 national locations)
- Dick Blick Art Supplies (Boston and Cambridge, MA plus about 40 stores nationwide)
- Utrecht Art Supplies (Boston and Cambridge, MA plus over 37 national locations)
- Jerry’s Artarama (15 national locations)
“In a media-rich society in which children are constantly barraged with images of pain and greed and ugliness, it is crucial to their well-being to balance the scales with attention to the beautiful – art for the survival of the spirit … Beauty is perhaps a reward, but is surely an antidote to the wildly unbalanced view of humanity delivered to us by our mass culture.” — John Caddy, poet, naturalist, and teacher